Sunday, February 19, 2006

Skiing Blue Mountain

I finally got to Blue Mountain today for some unbelievable skiing. It was about -10 degrees celcius with a windchill about minus a zillion. I thought my face was going to fall off when going up the lifts. But the snow was luscious.

This is me at the top of the Mountain without proper face gear. Later in the day I put on a scarf and a pair of goggles. I was wearing two hats, gloves, two pairs of trackpants, splash-pants, 3 shirts, and a coat.





My mom and dad at the top of the mountain getting ready for their second run of the day.



The recently retired South Chair Lift is now an historical site.



Mmmmmm, moguls :-) Lots of moguls. I'm proud to say that I didn't fall once today.

This is me going up the chairlift late in the day. Notice how cold I look. After I took this photograph -- with my bare hands exposed to the cold -- I thought my fingers were going to fall off.

My parents on the lift directly behind me. Man, I love Blue Mountain, and hopefully we'll be able to make it out again this season.

No comments: